Plan and lead the activities of all stores within the assigned area of operation, including full profit and loss responsibility, while acting within the scope of company objectives and policies to accomplish divisional and regional goals.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Lead store teams by ensuring:
- A culture that fosters Dollar General’s mission and values.
- Fair administration of human resources policies & practices.
- Superior customer service through fun, friendly stores.
- Area annual sales growth that meets or exceeds company targets through quality orders and efficient flow processes.
- All tools are effectively utilized in each store and market resulting in superior inventory presentation and management.
- Effective planning & execution of company objectives.
- Maximization of performance & productivity through a commitment to sensible store scheduling.
- Total development of human capital through proactive recruitment, selection and education of employees and customers.
- Protection of company assets through loss prevention and expense efficiencies.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within operational area (i.e., distribution flow improvements, merchandising display efforts, store growth and real estate site selection, recruiting strategy, training and development priorities, employee Relations, customer service, systems implementation, etc.).
- Consistent and effective communication of divisional and regional priorities to store teams.